Monday, January 22, 2007

First paragraph


"I don't know why I was looking for my father, all I know is I was looking for my father my whole life"... quote from the film. [1]
How has the stereotype of Black males been reinforced or changed in films such as “Get Rich Or Die Trying”?

The following quotation explain an important stereotype within the film Get Rich Or Die Trying but, even in society there are many stereotypes that have been tied towards Black people which either gives them a positive status in society or a negative stereotype. A stereotype such as profane behaviour, being poor, crime and drug related have been associated towards black people but, is that what the media tells us or our own perceptions? Popular, films featuring an all black cast have shown black people in an positive way but also, an negative way this seems to be a generic convention because, the film Get Rich Or Die Trying reinforces the stereotype of black people by the lack of paternity being involved in drugs but also, explains how they aspire to be rap stars and are very driven towards reaching there goals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home